Thursday, November 11, 2010

Amazon Video for Windows Mobile

I recently tried to play a video from Amazon that I transferred to my HTC T-Mobile Dash 3G (WM6)

Amazon Unbox transfers a portable version of the video to my device just fine, but if I try to play it under media player the following message is displayed:

To play this protected file, you must download a license from the Internet. Do you want to download a license?

Media player then displays:
Acquiring license

After about 30 seconds Internet Explorer will pop up and take you to a page titled
"DRM License Request"

After awhile you'll just end up sitting at the Amazon website and media player will give up trying to play the file.

Sometimes this process crashes my phone requiring me to pull the battery just to get it working again.

It would be "nice" if Microsoft and Amazon would publish instructions on how to get this working..