Monday, March 24, 2008

Civic Brake Pad Replacement

I recently bought some AEM / Nissin pads for the rear (part 26-200 ) and Hawk HPS for the front (part HB218F.583 ). I was planning to put them on after autocrossing this spring but I needed to replace the rear pads due to uneven wear. So rather than slap on a $50 set of pads, I decided to put on some cheap wearever pads from advance auto for $15 (part HBD564 ).

So far the cheap pads are working well on my badly rusted and gauged up rotors, even with high speed stopping. Although the Hawk pads I have up front are probably handling most of the stopping. I was sad they discontinued the axxis metalmaster pads I used to use, but the Hawk HPS have been a good alternative so far. After autoX, I'll get some new powerslot rear rotors and put on the new rear pads.