Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bosch spark plugs for Del Sol Si

I recently installed some new Bosch spark plugs in my D16Z6 (part #4030)
http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/SparkPlugs/Platinum.htm

They replaced some NGK V-power plugs that became fouled with a rich fuel mixture. The NGK plugs had a v-shaped center electrode with a flat ground electrode, while the Bosch plugs have a small flat center electrode with a v-shaped ground electrode (which is hard to see in most of the pics Bosch published for this plug).

I wanted some NGK G-power or laser platinum plugs for the D16Z6 like I use in my B16A but none were available according to the application list from NGK.

For now I'm very pleased with how the Bosch plugs perform, and the small center electrode should resist fouling better than the previous plugs.